Monday, February 1, 2016

World Wide Family

Dearest Loved Ones,

There was a baptism on Saturday! My companion and I got to go to Tolhuin, a very beautiful city close to Rio Grande, and watch a little girl get baptized. She was so cute and filled with a desire to follow Christ. Also, one Elder Lowe made absolutely delicious brownies. I don't know which one was sweeter, them or the baptism.

It is rather complicated to explain, but I am in Trelew, a city close to where I was in Rawson. Anyway, to get here I had to take a plane. On said plane, I found myself next to a beautiful family, mom, dad, and the most adorable little girl I have ever seen! She was very excited to fly and was curious about everything she found. I always learn something watching younglings because they truly act from the heart. In the row next to us was a little boy, bigger than she was, that was groaning and moaning because he was scared, and his mom couldn't seem to comfort him. This little girl, Isabel, couldn't speak a whole lot, but with her little finger she pointed at him and looked very worredly at her parents as if saying, "Help him." Most people on a plane are simply annoyed by crying children. Most kids usually get scared and start cying as well. I'll admit, I was one that was annoyed, but Isabel's reaction surprised me. How many times do we see people in their problems or worries and simply ignore them or move further away? We think that it isn't our problem. I know I have.

Are we not all part of the same eternal family? Aren't we all brothers and sisters spread across the world? Isn't the same Eternal Father of all giving us the chance to grow in love? We are all children of God, and we are all here to help each other out!

Love,

Elder Bartlett

PS  It has been pretty mild weather down in Rio Grande because it's summer in a winterland, but we just got off of a plane up in Trelew and it is running 90 degrees! By the way, this morning we took a bus down from Rio Grande to Ushuaia and I got to see my first area again! Ha ha but we went straight to the airport to go to Trelew. We have a meeting in Comodoro tomorrow and we leave on the bus tonight.

Yes, that is my new companion in the picture. Have I not sent a picture of us yet?!

Speaking of prices and economy, everything here in Argentina is SUPER expensive. The prices have tripled since I got here. The mission is probably going to incease of monthly assignation again soon.

That's it for now I guess. Have a lovely week!

Love,

Elder Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment