Thursday, January 7, 2016

No More Buses‏

Queridos Todos,

I apologize for the lack of information, I have been living the last two weeks on buses... First, I leave from Comodoro Rivadavia right after I wrote last Monday, I got on a very nice bus (leather seats, only three seats in a row instead of four, laid almost all the way back, got to put my gigantic legs in the aisle), and I make my way down to Rio Grande. This trip is roughly 20 hours, mostly on paved road, but a lot on rocky roads, and a small part on a boat. I am in Rio Grande from Tuesday night until Monday morning, when I got back on the bus and went back to Comodoro for a meeting... we got there Tuesday in the morning, had the meeting, and back on the bus that night... get back to Rio Grande Wednesday night... I almost lost the ability to walk after being on a bus for close to 60 hours.

Good news! As far as I know, the Remolcoy Family (the three kids we were teaching) got baptized yesterday! I haven't confirmed anything yet, but it seemed pretty sure. I wish I could have been there, but the Lord has called me else where.

Rio Grande is nice. It colder than Comodoro, for which I am grateful because my once bright white shirts are starting to... not be so white anymore. There is still a lot of wind, but no dust or rocks like in Comodoro. The buildings and the city in general is more pleasing to the eye, and there are less stray dogs. The people like the weather are a little colder, but they aren't bad or anything.

Elder Boyd is a super awesome missionary from Florida! If people let us in, it's because they're scared of two gigants. He has been in the mission one transfer less than me, so we are two power houses! Plus he really knows why he is here and knows how to work, so we are going to get people in the water!

By the way, Happy New Year! We spent New Year's Eve with a family I met one time and some Elders that were passing through to get to Ushuaia. I made some corn bread and we ate pizza toppings but just on slices of bread. We got up the next day and played soccer almost all day in some really-cold-almost-snow rain.

Overall, things are going well. I am really excited for some things coming up in these next weeks, but I will keep you updated.

BYE!

Love,

Elder Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment