Monday, January 11, 2016

Two Beautiful Lessons‏

It seems like I wrote just the other day... oh wait. I know it hasn't been too much time since I wrote, but too much has happened that I can't even write it all!

This area is special, and Elder Boyd is a super missionary. The other day we passed by a couple, and they were really sick yet let us come in. They are new here and come from the north, but have made a good friendship with the members here. They have come to church many times, but we quickly found out that they had never received the missionary lessons. I have taught the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ many times, but never has anyone listened so intently as they did. They really understood that God sends gives us families, prophets, and scriptures because He loves us. They were so happy.

Yesterday we went by a man that we had briefly talked with outside of his house. His mother-in-law answered the door, and let us in. They were all together reading the bible, the mother, daughter, son-in-law, brother, and son. They had no idea who we were, but as we taught them how much God loves us, they recognized that we were not there by accident. They accepted everything we said, sometimes sharing scriptures with us that we usually use when teaching! God really does prepare His children for the perfect moment.

I would like to share with you this week Mosiah 4:9

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has allwisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

And I would like to add my own admonitio, believe that God loves you, that He knows you, and that He has a plan for you. Then, go find out what that plan is.

Have a great week everyone!

Love,

Elder Bartlett

P.S. My camera died again... sometime I'll get photos sent

No comments:

Post a Comment