Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thanksgiving in Argentina

Dear family and friends,

I would like to explain a little how thanksgiving works here in Argentina...

Yep, interesting right? I actually think with some other missionaries we are going to put something together so we aren't sad!

This week was the beggining of our second transfer together here in Comodoro! It was a very interesting week. I learned that it really is the Spirit that teaches, not us. Our job as missionaries is to do everything possible so that the Spirit is in the lesson with us, including keeping the mission rules, having a good knowlegde of the scriptures, bearing a sincere testimony, loving the people we teach, and praying for His company. We walked into this lesson like firefighters without their gear and we got burned! We luckily made it out, but the worst feeling is that we left the poor soul we were teaching behind.

That was probably one of the worst experiences I have ever had, so now I'll share some good ones! We are literally being guided every where by the Spirit and finding people to teach by miracle power. We have found from the more experienced types to young children that wanted to know what a mormon is. A man found us on the street, pulled over his truck, and told us that he had a Book of Mormon, but wasn't sure what to do now. Talk to your colleagues about the church, invite them to share with you in the joy of the gospel! Love and serve.

Now the weather... sun! I am sunburnt in the face because the one day it wasn't cloudy and rainy, I didn't put on sunscreen the sun was really strong. Plus, I got to catch up on my basketball with some other United States elders, and we taught the Argentines a little bit as well! Good times.

Enjoy thanksgiving. I am so grateful for my family and others who support me. I am grateful for the gospel in my life and the atoning sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

By the way, sorry for not writing yesterday the internet was down. Everything is fine and the work is moving forward, although it could always move with a little more speed!

Love Elder Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment