Monday, August 31, 2015

Comodoro-La Prensa‏

Dear Family and Friends,

This is Elder Bartlett reporting from Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut, Argentina! I am in a part of this massive city called La Prensa. It is rather humid, probably because it rained for the first two days I was here. That made all the streets turn into mud, and we had just a jolly time! I prefer the rain because when it doesn't rain, there is a rather ridiculous amount of wind find with rocks and dirt. Overall I am enjoying it! Everyone has been super nice!

My companion is Elder Diego Souza from Sao Paulo, Brazil! I'll send a picture next week because my camera seems to have miss-placed it's battery... He is going for a major in music, and he plays the piano like a maniac! He is also almost tri-lingual with Portoguese, Spanish, and English.

I happened to walk right into an "Open Chapel" that the zone carried out this last Saturday. Normally not too many people show up, but I had to opportunity to talk to 4 or 5 people about baptism as they came through on their tour of the chapel. People really do have a lot of questions about life! One man asked, "How do I know which church is true?" What?! It was a wonderful night.

Yesterday was multi-stake conference and we had the pleasure of hearing from Elder Hales and Elder Cook. They put lot of stress on keeping the sabbath day holy.

I think that's about it, I need to take apart my bed again. I'll let ya'll know more when I actually get out in my own area and have a Sunday with my ward because next week is stake conference!

Love all of you, big Argentine kiss on the cheek!

Elder Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment