Monday, April 27, 2015

Rawson, Trelew Sur

Elder Sarmiento and Elder Bartlett
This is Elder Bartlett calling in from Rawson, Chubut, Argentina! I am here with one Elder Sarmiento from Chile, and we are just having the time of our lives! This is my dear companion's last transfer before he crosses the mountain range to his home in Santiago. He is super pumped to have these last 5 weeks to do the work of the Lord, and we are preparing a few people for baptism!

I love it here in Rawson. The people are very kind and open. Plus, it isn't snowing like it is down in El Calafate!

So last preparation day, after sending my short email, we boarded a bus to head back to the pension. About half-way home, the super hamburger I ate decided to start doing a river dance in my belly. I quickly motioned to my companion, then Elder Russell, and we disembarked. I was strong as we walked away from the bus stop, waiting for the bus to leave, hoping that I could spare the poor little Argentine kindergarteners who had shared the bus ride with us. As soon as I heard it start going, I just lost it. I don't know how many of you have seen a rainbow come out of someone, but I have witnessed it very first hand.

It turns out the bus actually turned right down the street we were walking down, so all the kids got a perfect broad-side view. I felt much better afterward, but then in the night I achieved double-dragon status. If you don't know what that is, ask your parents. I love the mission!

Alright, now I have to share something more spiritual. Last transfer as a mission we finished reading the Book of Mormon. It was the first time I have read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover, and all I can say is that it is true. It really is the word of God. Jesus Christ is our Savior, and if we live by the precepts taught in the Book of Mormon, then we can enjoy eternal glory at His side with Our Heavenly Father.

selfie, I have to bend down to see my self in the mirror because it is so low
Have a fantastic week.

Love, Elder Bartlett
PS
I don't know if you could possibly get pictures of all the brothers and sisters and their families? I'm not really looking for a professional one, just a picture of the families together. If you could do that it would be super fantastic!

I got your peanut butter packed package!! I love you guys so much! I'm going to try and make this cake that one of the sisters invented.

All is well here, just tired because of speaking a different language and working hard everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment