Monday, March 2, 2015

An Average Dia de Preparation in El Calafate

a chocolate cake I made in a cup
Before I get to describing my average day, I want to apologize for not writing last week. We had had a pretty dark week of rejection, plus we had to drop one of our investigators. The mission is filled with heart ache, but then there are times like yesterday, we visited the home of a man named Ivan, and shared with him and his cousins. As we shared with them that our Heavenly Father wants to talk to us in the modern day, I really felt His love both for them and for me. God loves us, and He has revealed Himself to us in these last days through the Book of Mormon and living prophets and apostles! He is waiting for our response.

an idea of what my area looks like in El Calafate
So today, I woke up and stuggled out of my sleeping bag so that I could get into the shower and start getting ready for the day. We are blessed to have a water heater so that I can start my day off right. My breakfast is usually oatmeal with sugar, cinnamon, and milk. Today I splurged a little and had a hard boil egg as well. Then, we do our studies, and write our family and friends! After this we will head out for the hour walk into centro (down town where all the cool stuff is, and the chapel). One of the other Elders, Elder Smith, and I enjoy cooking together, so today we are going to try making breakfast burritos! Our chapel has a ping pong table and foosball (no clue how to spell that), so we enjoy playing those. Luckily, Calafate is one of the biggest tourist places in the mission because it is famous for the Perito Moreno Glacier. That means there are a lot of cool shops, so usually we go out to see what there is after we are bored of ping pong. Near the end of P-day, we go shopping at La Anonima, the only really big supermercado (smaller than smiths) there is here. We take the pumpkin bus back to our pension, drop off the groceries, and then leave to go teach and help the people!

The clouds and sunsets here are super cool?
Yea, preparation day.

Love, Elder Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment