Monday, January 5, 2015

Weekly Jan. 5, 2015

Queridos familia y amigos,
In answer to your question how do we email, we borrow a computer from our landlord because there isn't a good cyber (internet cafe) here. I got your package!! Thank you so much for the peanut butter and honey! We made pancakes last night and I smothered them in peanut butter! My companion died from deliciousness. He says thanks!
This last week was filled with both joy and a lot of disappointment. New Years Eve we made cookies for a grand feast with the familia Ignasio. We at lamb asado, corn, potatoes, really delicious lasagna with ham, chicken, and tarta's. We sang some songs and raised a glass to a new year. The rest of the week was terrible, except Saturday when we got to go to Rio Gallegos for the conference with President.  Thank you for the inspiration and testimonies. This week has been the worst week of my mission, work wise. Everyone we tried to visit either wasn't home, or the told us they didn't actually want to hear our message. Those were the two days we got out to work. The rest of the time we were too discouraged to leave or it was the holidays and no one had time for us.

But, I am tired of hiding. I don't want to watch the work pass by me while I sit inside. I have been reading a really good talk called "The Fourth Missionary" and it has really changed my perspective. I have started to share my testimony of small principles more when I talk to people, I try to stop and talk to people where ever I am, and I am trying to open up my heart more to everyone. I am growing my testimony of my calling and the power and authority I have been given. I never really felt it before because I never tried to use it. I have never been one to butt-in to peoples business and give suggestions or get them to make changes, especially if I did't know for sure my way was better. Now, I know my way, the Lord's way, is not only better or the best, but the ONLY way to receive happiness in this life and peace in the eternities. I cannot bear the thought of those I was too afraid to talk to walking past me after judgment and wondering, "Why didn't you tell me?"  I'm tired, I'm hungry, I'm hot, I'm cold, I'm dirty and dusty, but none of that matters, I am not my own. Everything we have is a gift from a loving Heavenly Father, and it's up to each one of us what we will do with it.

walking, walking, walking

Yum!
It is a new year! The year 2015 is here, and 2014 is in the past. Decide today to change and be a better person, then go DO IT. It is possible; anything is possible with God. You simply must ask for His divine help, put in your part, and He will take care of the rest. Do your best to end each day with a feeling of accomplishment, that you did your best and left nothing undone. Then, get up the next day ready to move forward!



Those are my feelings for the New Year. Hope you all had a great one, and are all ready for a new one!

Love, Elder Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment