Monday, January 12, 2015

Life is like a game of cards

We had the opportunity to go to a Zone Conference in Rio Gallegos on Friday, and Elder Barrionuevo said something that really inspired me. He said that life is like a game of cards. We don't decide what we get in our hand, but even if we get the worst hand, with faith and diligence, we can still win. Just because we get a bad hand doesn't mean we just give up. We have to do our best with what we are given, and when God sees our efforts and desire, He will bless us with more.

Let us all make the best of the hand we have been given. Accept the challenge with eagerness, in faith that it will help you grow. "Run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus." (Hebrews 12:1-2)

Until next time, enjoy these pictures of 1) Me starring confidently into the distance 2) Super delicious empanadas Elder Eakle and I made 3) Me when it gets really cold and windy outside
Empanadas



horses


 To Mom & Dad,
Dad's last paragraph hit me hard. I am definitely not being the missionary I can be, but I want to. I am praying hard and letting that desire work in me. When I put forth my effort, I can feel the strength of God blessing me and helping me in every aspect. I feel your prayers when I do what I am supposed to.

It's a new year. It will be the only year that I have entirely on my mission, and I want to make it the best year of my life. I have made several resolutions and am making plans to complete them. I feel so wonderful and hopeful! I am putting my heart in the hands of our Savior with faith that he will make me the best I can be.

Thank you both so much for raising me in the church and teaching me principles of faith, love, repentance, honesty, diligence. Although I haven't perfected them, thanks to you I have a good start. Sometimes I wish you had pushed me harder or been more strict with me, but then I realize I needed to take responsiblitly for my own life. I knew what I should do, but I wanted someone to tell me I had to do them. Now D&C 58:26-29 hit me hard.

Now it's a new year, I am going to take responsibility for my life and my actions!

Love Elder Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment