Monday, August 25, 2014

Querido Todos!

Hola!

Wow this week has been insane. I am tired all the time! It's great! Sorry I forgot my camera again... Basically things week I've been hiking multiple times a day. I feel like I'm just wandering through the forest and finding these little shacks of plywood. Everyone needs the gospel, right!? And dogs... there are dogs EVERYWHERE. We try to approach a house and 3 or 4 dogs come running and barking. I'm pretty sure most of our contacts have been yelling in an attempt to get over the noise of howling and growling. Luckily most of them aren't dangerous, just loud.

We have met some wonderful people this week. Roberto is a president of the barrio (kind of the neighborhood) that we are contacting in, and he has read the Book of Mormon and prayed, but never got an answer. He is set in his ways, but very nice and always willing to have a conversation in passing. Oh ya! We found this other family, the parents are Javier and Aleida, that are very interested in the gospel, and we got them a baptismal date. However, it cost my companion some wicked dog bites to the leg! This is the only dogs out of the thousands I have seen that's ever been threatening. Weird. We have some other interesting investigators, but we'll see if they let us come back.

We had some delicious vanilla pudding this morning. It was our second batch, but the first chocolate batch burned! Please correct me, but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to boil milk! Anyway, we figured it out. I haven't eaten anything too crazy yet, just a lot of meat, rice, and bread.

Ice! Totally wiped out twice going downhill this week. I fell two other times, but caught myself. Good times because I just kind of layed there and rested.

I miss everyone! I'm pretty sure I have thought about everyone this week, which I know isn't good, but I couldn't help looking back on the good and the bad times of my life. It was good because I realize how much everyone has had an influence in my life, and I thank you for that. Well, until next monday!

Love, Elder Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment