Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Pretty much nothing has changed from last week. Still learning Spanish, still eating food, still really hot (you'd think I'd be accustomed to the weather in Utah, but I'm not). I'll try and get pictures on next time, I forgot my cord. L. Jeanton... Breanton? L. something Brown spoke to us last night, and moved me very much, spiritually. His topic was the name of our Savior and Redeemer, and the power it holds. He encouraged us to keep it sacred, and to learn more about Him so that we could better hold His name in reverence. Afterward, we had what we call a devotional review. Hermano Bahr, one of the branch presidency, had us retrace the last 20 hours of the Savior's life. Never before have I felt the spirit in more abundance as I was humbled by the love Jesus Christ has for every single person that ever lived and ever will live. I am not on my mission. I am on the Lord's mission, and I hope that I will always remember that, and allow Him to guide me. I leave you with this question, "Are you're prayers REALLY in the name a Jesus Christ?" I love and miss everyone! Be safe!

Love,
Elder Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment