Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekly November 3

> On Nov 3, 2014, at 7:11 AM, 
>
> Hello Everyone!
>
> This week was the last week of the transfer so not much got done, unfortunately. We had one of our investigators attend church, though! Plus I had the opportunity to give several blessings in Spanish! Super scary, but amazing at the same time. The names out here are just not cool when you're a gringo.
>
> One interesting thing from this week happened on Saturday en route to find out transfers. We were talking about whether or not we have guardian angels. Next thing I know, I have four very angry dogs all around me barking and lunging to bite me! I escaped bite-free, with nothing but some saliva on the back of my pants. Guess that answers that question.
>
> In relation to dogs, I just remembered this, I have a rather funny story about one Elder Griffits. His parents gave him a tazer for dogs, and he was showing it off our first transfer here. We were just about to leave the chapel, and he wanted to spook some elders with the noise. The problem occurred when he accidently placed his finger between the nodes. He full on tazed himself and broke his tazer when his arm went limp and he dropped it! Super funny to witness!
>
> How was everyone's Halloween?! I didn't really notice its passing. It isn't big here. It got me thinking, though. Christmas is coming up... and many have been asking about sending packages... For those of you who want to send a package, the best way I have heard is to use flat rate boxes complete with a customs order (list of contents and values). If you want to risk Argentine customs, I will include a sort of Christmas list.
>
> Peanut butter doesn't really exist here, and honey is super expensive (but I doubt honey would make it through customs). Related to peanut butter, reese's pieces or peanut butter m&m's would be awesome. I am missing classic American candy like swedish fish, licorice, peach-O's, and what not. I could do with a couple reminders of home, like a little American flag or something.  I feel bad putting up a Christmas list, but a lot of people have been asking. Something else that I would like, if you're going to send anything, is like a little recipe book of some cookies (chocolate chip, snickerdoodle), waffles, pancakes, crepes, hootenanny (german), eggnog, and like meat sauces for noodles. We always have rice or noodles, so it would be nice to know how to make some good sauces from scratch. 
>
> Those are the things I am missing most now. Also cookies... They don't have anything like chocolate chip cookies or snickerdoodles here. Oh well, see ya'll next week!
>
> Love, Elder Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment