Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekly Nov. 17, 2014

Hola Everyone!

So this week was totally amazing. We had Elder D. Todd Christofferson come to our mission! Us missionaries had a private meeting with us. He didn't actually talk that much, most of the time was a question and answer about missionary work, but the thing I loved most was that I am his companion.  The apostles are only 15, and even with the 70's, they cannot reach the whole world. We, as missionaries, are the voice of the apostles directly into people's homes.

The unfortunate side of this is that, from what I know, the reason the apostle was here was because president sent two missionaries home this last month. It was the first missionaries he ever had to send home. Extremely sad.

There was a member session later on in the day, and we had one of our less-active members attend! When we visited him later this week, he seemed to have a new energy and excitement about the church. We have invited him to come teaching with us, and he is all for it!

Another cool thing I thought of while we were in the missionary session with the apostle, we sang the Sisters in Zion and Heleman's Army melody. President Rogers wanted us to look at the apostle when we sang, but I, regardless of my ridiculous altitude, couldn't see him. In fact, the majority of the meeting I couldn't see him, but I could feel his spirit and knew he was there. It immediately made me think of my relationship with my Eternal Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. I cannot see them, they have never appeared to me, but I know they are there. I feel their guidance in my life. I see their miracles. I know they love me, and all of you.  I try to use Spanish all the time, and sometimes I find myself getting confused because I try to think in Spanish, but I don't know how to say what I'm trying to think!


Until next week, here are some pictures of stuff that happend 1) Churripan, delicious! 2) They have Subway here!!  Do you like my haircut?! I did it myself ;) Aren't you so proud of me? Ha ha I need to fix the back, but I'm not sure how. 
Churripan

Subway yeah!




Hey Dad here is a BBQ for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment