Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekly Oct. 13

Hola Everyone,

This week has been rough. We had a lot of snow, and most of our citas (lessons? It's hard to think of missionary words in English) fell through. Our two best investigator families are both moving, but hopefully they will continue taking lessons where ever they end up! I will have to try to stay in contact with them, and send their new information to church headquarters! Ha ha, good news is that another family that we've been waiting on papers for marriage are getting married next month! My companion won't be here, but I should and hopefully get to baptize them! I'm just worried about the father because his attitude appears to have changed over the long wait, and because of work, he can't come to church. I don't want to baptize him, only to have him fall away.

It has been amazing this week to study the testimonies at the beginning of the Book of Mormon. An angel really did appear to Joseph Smith. The Book of Mormon really is the word of God, written by a real people that lived anciently in the Americas. We can use this prized possession to come nearer to God, and learn about the beautiful plan He has prepared for us. A plan, made possible by our beloved Saviour, in which we can become more than we are. I love this gospel of hope and happiness, and hope that I am doing my best to be a worthy representative of our Lord extending his love to the people of Argentina.

Until next week.

Love, Elder Bartlett

No comments:

Post a Comment