Monday, July 27, 2015

Reversed Axis?

Well I am glad to report that we suddenly changed to the northern hemisphere here at the end of the world. The last few days (the middle of winter) everyone has been walking around in shorts and T-shirts. The other day we were walking to the terminal and a wall of wind hit us that felt like someone had opened an oven! I'm not sure what is happening. But it's nice! It acted like it was going to rain, but never really did.

This last week was rough, our best investigator, Tamara, got burnt really bad at work making pizza. We are going to give her a visit today. Our other investigators are all either working in other parts of the country or on vacation. Frustrating, but we did find some really nice people out on the streets on the sunny days.

I find it interesting that there is almost no asphalt. Everything is either cement, or just dirt roads. My shoes have lasted all this first year! Thanks, Mom!

My bed on the floor
I don't remember if I mentioned, but I had to dismantle my bed so that I could fit on my mattress... My feet still hang off, but I manage!

Well have a great week!

Love, Elder Bartlett

Ice cream?
ad for Lacrosse!

Some of the missionaries

Statue of Liberty? or Elder Bartlett getting ready to cook
or preach


No comments:

Post a Comment